EMILIANI INSTITUTE - RAPALLO (GENOA)
The Somascan Congregation has been present in Rapallo since 1850. The Emiliani Institute of the Somascan Fathers is a multifunctional complex and it is composed by a central structure built in the late nineteenth century, which has been renovated and enlarged after the war. It was conceived as an orphanage and a typography school but nowadays it houses two residential child care centers, one daycare boys center, a guest house and a sports center. Training courses, senior activities and various voluntary activities take place too. The latest activity is the children’s choir, that recently joined the Antoniano charitable institution in Bologna. The religious community has directorial and coordination tasks and keeps the spiritual care of two churches, one is inside the Emiliani Institute and the other is the one of St. Francis, which has been officiated since 1850 and it is still very frequented by local believers and tourists.