Istituto S.Maria Assunta
Deep are the roots of the School "Assunta" St. Mary of the Good Shepherd. A Maccio in Villa Guardia, in a sunny corner of Lombardy, in the province of Como, where comense dioceses and Ambrosian diocese meet on the same territory, don Carlo Fumagalli, having been a military chaplain, gives birth December 27, 1923 to a original institution: one for girls of Hospitality House entrusted to the Good Shepherd Sisters. After mid-century, the Hospitality House has been transformed into Catholic School. The building, elegant villa of the late nineteenth century, has been expanded with large classrooms for the school and the surrounding land has been converted into sports fields and playground, encouraging the development of the institution. At the center of the complex is the chapel where, above the altar, the image of the Good Shepherd, leaning on a sheep in danger, draws inspiration that animated the work to its foundation and that still guides the path of school.
The Educating Community
The Somaschi Fathers are the life force of the educational charism transmission of St. Girolamo Emiliani.
The LAY TEACHERS have chosen the Catholic school as a privileged place and free educational action.
The EDUCATORS have professional education that is focused on design Escrow service.
The PUPILS are personally involved in assimilating the proposed values critically and responsibly.
PARENTS are the first responsible for the education of their children and choose for them a free school and engaging.
ISTITUTO S.MARIA ASSUNTA
Via IV Novembre, 6
22079 Maccio di Villa Guardia (Como)